HELLO AGAIN DARLING

If you went back in time and told Muslim-me that I'd be in Mecca in 2017, I'd laugh!

Ok, so the above photo is actually Brisbane airport, BUT STILL! WE HAVE NOTHING LIKE THIS IN MACKAY!

So yeah, if you missed it, I'm back in Sydney, baby! I'm gonna keep this short because I'm... so damn tired, but I thought that you, my seven loyal readers, deserve to know that I have arrived safe and sound. I'm in West Ryde for a bit, or possibly longer since I'm looking at a place on Thursday night which is in the same suburb, basically.

I'm feeling... nervous, happy, excited, euphoric, terrified, so many things! I was on a train today. I haven't been in a train since 2012 and they all use this card system now which took me a couple goes to work out. I looked like an idiot lugging a 23kg suitcase on a bus but hey, I arrived, and I did it myself!

I need to stress that last bit. I had help, of course, but the bulk of the legwork was done by me. This might sound strange for a thirty-year-old, but I need you to understand that I am prone to nervous breakdowns.

It's part of my BPD. I get overloaded, my senses short-circuit and I'm fried. Somehow I managed to avoid that, though perhaps it's still looming over my head. I cleared out my apartment, found homes for my cats, did all the legal and bureaucratic legwork, organised myself, and got myself to Sydney (after I was dropped off at the airport).

And... I'm fucked. I am so tired. I finished the apartment yesterday, ran to the dentist, had two fillings (after two extractions last week) and then went to a send-off dinner at Malaysia House. Today I travelled 1700km in a few hours.

So I'm going to bed, but when I wake up I think I'm gonna explore the city. $2.50 travel per day with my gold opal card and the world is my oyster. (A few) drinks tomorrow night with my friends and on Thursday we figure out what the future holds.

So yeah, bed @_@

Popular posts from this blog

My First Few Days Back in the Big Smoke

Down the Rabbit Hole

Sorry I haven't updated in a while.